We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page therefore you should check it regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Please also let us know if the personal information we hold about you needs to be amended.
Data we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you through our services and products:
- Contact details – information such as your name, email address, telephone number, delivery and billing address.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason (this can be via telephone, email, SMS, social media etc)
- Any Hydra product identification numbers
- Information you input into a Hydra app for identification and geolocation
- Product/Service usage and consumption – Hydra will collect information about how you are using our products and services and their performance
- Transaction information
- Installation and service history for any customers who have received installation services provided or sourced directly from Hydra
This information can be taken from you at the time that you make a purchase through our online store, fill out any forms on our website or register on one of our apps.
Please note you are not required to provide any of the above personal information to us but if you do not, you may not be able to use our products and services.
How we handle your data
We use this information for the following reasons:
- Process any orders you place via telephone, email or our e-commerce platform
- To update you with any relevant information relating to any previous purchase or enquiry made
- To improve our products and services
- For marketing our products and services to you
- For market research
- Delivery purposes
- Installation purposes
- Data analytics
We are committed to ensuring that the data you provide is handled securely. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial processes to safeguard your information.
The personal information we hold may be anonymised so that it does not directly identify you. The anonymous information we collate is used for data analysis, research, product/service improvement, development and innovation.
Providing your personal data to others
We may provide your personal data to another member of our group companies (i.e our holding company or any group subsidiaries)
We may share personal information on a “need to know basis” to :
- Hydra’s approved installation network engineers, who may be subcontracted, to allow them to install the products you require to use our services
- Hydra’s payment service provider Stripe Payments Europe Ltd to enable them to process your payments. The information provided is limited to transaction data and is used to process/refund payments and to deal with any complaints or queries.
- Hydra’s IT service providers from whom we license technology allowing us to carry out key business operations
- The Government or regulators – only when we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations
- Police and law enforcement to assist with any potential investigation and prevention of crime
Storing personal data
Your personal information will be kept for as long as you have an account with us. Once your account is closed, we will retain your personal information where such retention is necessary to maintain our records and to fulfil compliance/legal obligations.
Security of personal data
The security of your personal data is of the utmost importance to us. Necessary precautions are taken to keep your personal data safe and prevent the loss or misuse of that data.
Some examples being:
- Personal data is placed on secure servers, personal computers and mobile devices.
- All emails we send are encrypted.
- Only employees have access to our systems containing personal information
- Your credit/debit card information is not stored
- Any financial transaction data are stored only by our payment processor
Any passwords used to login to a Hydra account you have created should not be easy to guess and you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. You will only be asked for your password by Hydra when you are logging into your account on our app or website.
Our Hydra apps will send notifications by email or through push notifications on your device (you can opt out of push notifications). Notifications will be sent when we have something important to make you aware of with regards to your account with us.
Cookies are small files which are placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies help this website to analyse traffic and visitors and help our site respond to you as an individual.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used on our site and analyse visitor behaviour through statistics.
Under the Data Protection legislation, data subjects have the following rights with regards to their personal information:
- the right to be informed about the collection and the use of their personal data
- the right to access personal data and supplementary information
- the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete
- the right to erasure (to be forgotten) in certain circumstances
- the right to restrict processing in certain circumstances
- the right to data portability, which allows the data subject to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services
- the right to object to processing in certain circumstances
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
- the right to withdraw consent at any time (where relevant and please note – this may affect your eligibility to use our products)
No fee is usually required to access your personal data but we must inform you that a reasonable fee may be charged if your request is clearly unfounded or excessive.
At Hydra we pride ourselves on customer service so in the event you are unhappy with how we handle your personal information; we would like to help and resolve any concerns.
However, you do have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the regulatory body that governs the handling of personal data in the UK.
Here is a link to their website where their contact details can be found – https://ico.org.uk/
Links to other websites
You may encounter a link to an external website page whilst visiting our online store or profile on this website. If the link is to a website that is operated by a third party you should know that we have no control over that website and as such cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of your data or information you provide whilst visiting the site.
We welcome any queries or comments you may have regarding this policy, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
If you would prefer to send us a letter in the post then please use our contact address below:
Hydra EVC Ltd
Unit 11 Totman Close