On-Street Residential ChargePoint Scheme - ORCS
The On-Street Residential ChargePoint Scheme has been developed by OZEV to increase the availability of on-street ChargePoints in residential streets, where off-street parking is not available, removing a large barrier to owning a plug-in EV and reaping the benefits. Having sufficient on-street chargers is crucial to the UK reaching its goal and vision of having one of the best EV infrastructures in the world.
Eligible products for the EVCS are the Genesis 22kW charger.
Eligibility for this scheme is broken down using a few factors, they are as follows:
- The grant is available for local authorities to claim
- The funding available is for 75% of the capital costs of procuring and installing the ChargePoint
- The maximum OZEV will fund per ChargePoint unit is £13,000 where connection costs are high, however funding about £7,500
- Projects with a completion date no later than 31 March 2023 will be considered
- The local authority-owned car parks must be available for free overnight, between 6pm and 8am, and car parks must have minimum ‘maximum stay’ time of at least 4 hours during the day
- Slow AC (less than 3.5kW output), standard AC (3.5kW-7kW output) and fast AC (7kW-23kW) are the charging outlets applicable under the scheme